This section is intended as a resource for members seeking or promoting employment, training and/or professional development in the field of toxicology.
Identifications of drugs in mixtures of low dosage forms using surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy
Start date April 2018; this part-time MRes is associated with a post at Elodiz. The studentship will be linked to Bournemouth University.
Please see www.bournemouth.ac.uk for full details.
Toxicology Team Leader
- Location: Teddington
- Closing Date: Thursday 30 November 2017
- Apply here
From the analysis of conventional samples (blood, urine and oral fluids) through to the development and analysis of specialist samples (hair and nails), our range of detectable drugs and chemicals is unsurpassed across Europe offering an exciting opportunity as a Toxicology Team Leader to join our expanding team based in Teddington and be part of our growing business.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead one of a number of small teams of reporters within the Toxicology department to ensure team members execute all aspects of their work to the quality and TRTs required by our customers and in the most cost effective manner possible.
- Lead a team of reporters in the day to day delivery and management of their work to the satisfaction of the customer. Work with the Toxicology Operations Leads to achieve organisational goals, as demonstrated through KPIs (Quality, productivity, communication, career development).
- Agree priority tasks and targets in conjunction with individual team members to ensure target dates and TRT’s are met and that WIP is invoiced in a timely manner
- Enable casework team members to meet said targets / priority tasks by identifying and making available required resources (e.g. checkers etc.)
- Liaise with staff in the casework team to identify priority tasks.
- In conjunction with the Toxicology Operations Leads to continuously monitor performance of individual casework team members and assist in any required remedial actions, such as reviewing outstanding WIP for individuals within their teams and monitoring upcoming delivery dates for individuals within their team.
- Implementing quality and scientific recommendations.
- Carrying out performance appraisals with individual casework team members
- Oversee mentoring and professional development of casework team members in conjunction with Scientific Advisor and Toxicology Operations Leads.
- When necessary, liaise with other Casework Leads and managers to identify resources from outside the team.
- Continually review processes and procedures with a view to improvement of quality and cost effectiveness.
- Undertake own casework. A target of billable hours – which will recognize the number of reporters in the team – will be agreed with the Operations Leads in this regard.
- Meet 95% of TRT’s.
- Meet utilisation target set by Operations Leads.
- Meet case closure target set by Operations Leads.
What We Are Looking For
- Identifies and understands the needs of customers (internal and external) and responds positively, enhancing the reputation of LGC Forensics.
- Maintains clear communications with customers, clarifying expectations and monitoring satisfaction levels.
- Works co-operatively with others, both within own team and with colleagues or external associates and focuses on collective rather than individual goals.
- Sets expectations and lays out clear objectives for the team.
- Leads others by communicating a clear plan and coaching them to meet its requirements.
- Able to inspire others with clear and understandable performance metrics.
- Able to achieve results through others and to motivate a team to deliver planned objectives.
- Recognises the need for structure and clarity, and identifies priorities and actions to enable the delivery of short term results or meet service delivery standards/ objectives; then communicating these to the appropriate people.
- Able to develop both individual and tactical plans and implement them effectively and on time.
- Identifies development needs and seeks and provides opportunities to realise potential.
- Provides and seeks coaching to improve job performance. Provides and seeks coaching, training and experiences designed to assist long-term personal growth and development.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Sufficient casework experience to identify and understand the issues likely to arise in the types of cases processed in teams, both scientific and case management related.
- Good general business awareness and solid understanding of the various contractual requirements of customers served by teams/sites.
- Strong leadership skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Financial skills (P&L).
- Excel skills.
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 2.4 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 375 laboratories in 41 countries.
Eurofins has a network of 16 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 100,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
What Happens Next
Our people in our labs are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit, you'll be invited to a selection day, where you get the chance to see what working for Eurofins is really like. This will give us the opportunity to see if you believe in what we believe in and if your individuality, will make our team great.
This position will be advertised until close of business Thursday 30 November 2017 . Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
If you are interested in the position, please apply here.